Best Canadian Betting Sites
Before we proceed, a small disclaimer: this page is dedicated to the best online bookmakers for Canadian users, and not the best companies that operate from Canada. After all, in global business such as online sports betting, where a company is based is not as important as it’s where they can bring their service, and how good this service is. Besides, the majority of bookies are based in a few small havens, such as Gibraltar.
Anyway, below you’ll find Betting Fellow’s list of the best betting sites for Canadian punters. What makes them specifically good for Canadians, you might be asking? Firstly, Canadian law is not as strict as US law to remote gambling or sports betting. As such, Canadians have access to the same bookies the rest of the world does.
Well, therein lies the problem. The rest of the world is all about soccer, but the most popular categories in Canada are not the same as in, say, Europe. They are closer to what Americans prefer, such as ice hockey for instance. That leaves Canada in a strange position where the majority of top bookmakers are marketed and cater to European bettors.
As such, Canadians are stuck with betting sites which focus all their efforts towards European sports and European leagues, while the majority of North American sports are offered as an afterthought.
This doesn’t have to be the case: there’s plenty of solid options out there, you just have to know what to look for.
To help you out with your search, we’ve compiled this list of the best Canada sportsbooks on the web. What we primarily looked for is sites that provide exceptionally good coverage of major professional sports leagues in North America, such as MLB, NBA, NFL, CFL, NHL, and so on. However, irrespective of whether these sports fit within your interests, all of these are solid betting sites that will not disappoint, regardless of your experience.
Best Betting Sites in Canada
Here are Betting Fellow’s top online bookmakers that allow Canadian customers.
According to popular vote, William Hill appears to be the top-rated betting site in Canada. And, honestly, we would half to agree that it is at least among the best. We’re talking about one of the most highly regarded names in the industry, a bookie with decades of experience and one of the most complete betting offers available today.
Considered both bastions of tradition and forward-thinking innovators, there are very few flaws to be found with this sportsbook. One of the most common ones is a large number of restricted countries. Thankfully, Canada is not among them. William Hill grew from one of the biggest British betting shop chains to an international powerhouse, offering their services in 21 different languages.
All the other makings of a great online bookmaker are there – excellent odds, a wide selection of markets and sports, and a shining reputation backed by world-class service. There is a reason William Hill is an indispensable part of almost any top betting sites list out there, and we can safely invite anyone to make sure of that themselves.
- Minimum Deposit: $5 with credit/debit cards and WebMoney, £10 with Paypal, £25 with bank transfers. Other options do not have limits
- Maximum Withdrawal:$5,500 with PayPal, $10,000 with WebMoney and bank transfers, $199,000 with cards
- Banking Methods: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Diners Club, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, WebMoney, ecoPayz, bank transfers
- Customer Support: Live chat, e-mail, phone, social media
- Welcome Bonus: 2 x $15 in free bets
This betting site comes from Canada – it is based in Quebec and holds a Kahnawake Gaming Commission remote gambling license. The name might be more familiar to you as Bovada – the hands-down biggest bookmaker for US players. However, where Bovada is intended to trudge the murky waters of US gambling regulations, Bodog is the original brand name, dating back to 1994.
Seeing how this sportsbook is based in Canada, they have focused their efforts on catering to Canadian punters since day 1. Sure, they eventually grew to be an international powerhouse – especially if we’re talking about North America – but their roots have not moved an inch.
As such, this is the home of some of the best odds for NHL, NBA, and similar major sports leagues. All of this is presented through a well-organized, intuitive page. Besides a well-stocked sportsbook full of interesting fixtures, Bodog also offers other forms of online gambling, if that’s what you’re interested in.
The best part about Bodog is that they seemingly listed to their customers, so you can get a feeling that it’s a sportsbook made especially for you. Throw in the enticing signup offer, and it quickly becomes hard to find a reason not to join the millions of Bodog’s customers.
- Minimum Deposit:$20 with credit/debit cards, $10 with Bitcoin
- Maximum Withdrawal: $1,500 per day, per user for credit/debit cards, $5,000 for bitcoin
- Banking methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash
- Customer Support: Live chat, e-mail, phone
- Welcome Bonus:50% first deposit bonus, up to $250 in free bets
Another big name in the betting industry, Betway is a safe choice no matter your needs. Whether it is through their numerous sponsorships or word-of-mouth, if you’ve spent any time in online betting – you’ve probably come across the name Betway one way or another. This company was established in 2006, and have maintained a spotless track record since.
Time has shown Betway to have a dedication to self-improvement. They have a keen eye for spotting what’s around the corner, which is reflected in actions like heavily working on in-play betting back when it first appeared and sponsoring e-sports teams. They pride themselves in their wide selections of alternative markets and niche sports and categories – although, if you’re just looking for a popular option like football betting, they’re not behind the competition.
Of course, as a modern betting site, there is a whole host of other features for Betway’s users to enjoy. From live streaming to live poker tables, there is always something to do on Betway’s platform.
- Minimum Deposit: $5 with e-wallets, $10 with cards, $50 with bank wire transfers
- Maximum Withdrawal:up to $200,000 per day
- Banking Methods: Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Skrill, Entropay, bank transfers. checks
- Customer Support: Live chat, e-mail, phone, WhatsApp, social media
- Welcome Bonus:50% first deposit bonus, up to $200 in free bets
Next up is a crowd favourite, one of the most highly-regarded betting sites currently operating. 888Sport’s core sportsbook offer is among the best, but that’s not the reason they found their way on to our list. This betting site seems to excel at whatever they set their minds to, and your standards after using their services will never be the same.
888Sport’s acclaimed mobile betting app is one of the best in the business, as outlined in our best betting apps list. The regular website is not far behind, being a beautifully designed masterpiece which you’ll never want to leave. The in-play betting window is user-friendly, informative, and all-around great quality. The recently-implemented bet builder feature outshines most others.
We could go on and on, but we trust you got the picture. It’s not just that 888Sport does one thing or another well – plenty of bookies have areas in which they impress. This betting site is the full package, and you’ll never feel like you particular approach to online betting is overlooked simply because it’s not the most popular one.
Sprinkle some quality-of-life innovations and very attractive and regular betting promotions and sportsbook bonuses, and you’ll get the full picture. You don’t want to miss out on 888Sport.
- Minimum Deposit: $5 with cards, $10 with e-wallets, $25 with checks
- Maximum Withdrawal:$50,000 for Visa payments, all other methods do not have limits
- Banking methods: Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Apple Pay, Astropay Card, ecoPayz, MuchBetter, Neteller, PayPal, ProFee, Qiwi, Skrill, WebMoney, Yandex, Nordea, iWallet, bank wire transfers
- Customer Support: e-mail, phone, support form
- Welcome Bonus: $30 in free bets after the first bet of $10 or more
Yes, putting this on our list might seem lazy, but that’s only because it’s such an obvious choice. If we only look at online betting and disregard shops, this is probably the biggest name in the business. Love them or hate them, you have to agree that Bet365 is good at what they do. I mean, their comprehensive platform has become a relatively reputable source of sports news, let alone betting offers.
Online punting has become synonymous with Bet365’s name, and they just keep doing their best to keep their iron grip on the industry. This is probably the first online sportsbook newbies turn to. And with regular promotions such as early payouts, odds boosts and reload bonuses, a lot of them never see the point of moving anywhere else.
Unparalleled security, world-class odds, a multitude of features and functionalities, there is no end to the number of reasons Bet365 got to where they are today. All in all, we don’t feel the need to say much else about this bookie. This is the very cream of the crop when it comes to internet gambling, and they’re not going anywhere any time soon.
- Minimum Deposit: $20 with Neteller and PayPal, $50 with bank transfers and checks, $10 for all other methods
- Maximum Withdrawal:All methods have varying limits between $6,000 with Visa Checkout and $100,000 with wire transfers
- Banking methods:Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Checkout, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Skrill 1-tap, Neteller, bank wire transfers, check.
- Customer Support:e-mail, phone, support form
- Welcome Bonus: $30 in free bets after the first bet of $10 or more
Now we’ll move on from the world’s biggest brand trying to please everyone, to a regionally-oriented bookie. SportsInteraction is made by Canadians for Canadians, and it already has legendary status in the Great White North. As such, you can rest assured that this betting site will cover anything and everything you might be interested in.
It was founded in 1997, which was a highly competitive time for new betting sites. New companies were popping up everywhere, and you needed a clear vision if you wanted to get noticed.
SportsInteraction planned to focus solely on their country of origin and, considering we’re still talking about them more than 2 decades later, it worked!
Laser focus is the name of the game for this Canadian betting site, which has both pros and cons. The first negative would be that it is only available to residents of Canada – which is not a big issue to most people reading this article. The second would be their somewhat limited number of sports and categories, especially compared to much bigger bookmakers.
However, what is there is handled with a lot of attention and care. Within the existing categories, you’ll find almost every league and event imaginable, presented neatly and intuitively.
Furthermore, whatever funds you deposit onto your Sportsinteraction account, you’ll be able to use freely with any of their services. Compared to most of the world, Canada is lucky to have a bookie who presents a world-class service, yet caters to the local scene.
- Minimum Deposit: $20
- Maximum Withdrawal:$10,000
- Banking methods:Visa, Mastercard, Instant Echecks, InstaDebit, iDebit, UseMyFunds, bank transfers, Ukash, Swiff, EcoCard, Skrill, check
- Customer Support:support form, phone
- Welcome Bonus: 10% as a first deposit bonus, up to 100 CAD
Online Sports Betting in Canada
The first thing we have to get out of the way is the question of legality. So, is online sports betting legal in Canada? Thankfully – yes. No matter the sportsbook in question, Canadian law seems to take no issue with online punting. However, there are a few concerns.
Let’s start with the obvious one: you have to be over 18 years of age if you want to participate in gambling in any form in Canada. Besides that, betting shops and brick-and-mortar casinos are, surprisingly, much more strictly regulated than their online counterparts. This can be problematic on occasion because each state and territory may have its regulatory body.
Nevertheless, from a bettor’s perspective, you can safely bet in Canada without fear of running into trouble with the law.
Additionally, there is no tax on your winnings from online betting. If you ever run into hidden or surprising fees while trying to withdraw from your bookmaker, you can be sure that this has nothing to do with taxes, and it’s merely the betting site’s policy. If this is the case, we recommend you look for a new bookmaker immediately – there are plenty of great options out there which do not resort to such shady practices.
Furthermore, Canadian Dollars are a fairly widespread currency. Almost all the websites we’ve listed here accept it for all their services. While we’re on the topic of localization – sportsbooks of this calibre all have both English and French as options, so you needn’t worry about languages.
How We decided which bookmakers are the best for Canadians
Before a website can be featured in one of Betting Fellow’s lists, they have to tick a lot of boxes. We set our standards pretty high, so the following things are the bare minimum as far as we’re concerned. Still, here are some things to look for in top bookmakers:
- Licensing and Security This is the mandatory basis: a betting site has to be properly licensed and regulated, and there’s no getting around this one. Also, it needs to be a company you can trust with your hard-earned money.
- Reputation and Customer Service The bookie needs to be trustworthy, transparent, and have solid communication with their userbase.
- Banking options What good is an excellent website if you can’t get the funds on there? Here, we also look for reasonable timeframes, limits, and ideally no fees or extra charges.
- Markets and Odds Pretty self-explanatory. This is possibly the biggest determiner on how a bookie ranks against the competition
- Bonuses and Promotions The second biggest factor when it comes to profiting on a betting site
- Live streaming, In-Play betting, and other features A website has to have as many features and functionalities as possible to truly shine
Our biggest focus with the above lists were the markets. As we stated near the top of this page, getting the right sports and leagues and Canadians is, sadly, not very common among the world's biggest online bookmakers.