Best PayPal Betting Sites
Online betting requires online payment systems, and none are as successful or as popular as PayPal. E-wallets such as this are becoming part of our daily lives, and if you’re a punter, that means using Paypal for online betting payments. However, not all betting sites are the same in this respect. Just like some bookies specialise in, say, cryptocurrency betting, others are more or less convenient for PayPal users. With that in mind, today we’ll take a look at some of the best PayPal bookmakers out there.
We’re also aware that, according to our data, most punters nowadays prefer straightforward card payments or bank transfers. There’s a lot to be said for this, but there are several notable advantages to using PayPal with sportsbooks. If you’re thinking about joining the millions of PayPal’s users, you can scroll down after the list to find out some solid arguments for and against.
So, what makes betting sites good for Paypal, you might be asking? Well, first of all, they have to accept PayPal payments in the first place. This might sound simple enough, but the fact is not even all top online bookies accept them yet. This fact surprises us time and again – why not feature one of the most popular payment methods on the planet?
There are other examples of sub-par PayPal implementations. For instance, some sites only allow Paypal deposits but not withdrawals. Such scenarios are even more confusing, but we won’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of how bookmakers process Paypal withdrawals. If there’s a solid reason why some bookies chose to do this, we do not know it.
Besides that, we have other standards of rating PayPal implementation. For starters, this includes limits. Sometimes, transaction maximums are down to PayPal’s terms and conditions and not the bookie. Still, some sites limit transaction sizes in notable ways, and we see that as a negative in most cases.
Additionally, we look at transaction speeds. Of course, these often apply to all banking methods and not just PayPal. But this is a factor concerning payment methods with online bookmakers – and, after all, this list ranks bookies based on the performance of their deposits and withdrawals.
Last but not least, we look for hidden fees or charges. PayPal does not usually charge transactions, but some betting sites do. Such a site would have no chance of ending up on our list of best bookmakers for Paypal. Still, it is worth understanding what bad payment conditions look like, so that we may better appreciate the good ones.
Best Bookmakers for Paypal
With that out of the way, here is Betting Fellow’s list of recommended PayPal betting sites.
Paddy Power is a beloved brand of Irish betting shops which has taken a big chunk of the industry through their fun, customer-oriented approach to business. Their advantages to this top-rated bookie would take a long time to list fully, and you can find them on the full review of this bookmaker. What we’re dealing with here, though, is why using PayPal with Paddy Power earned them the right to find themselves on top of this list.
Let’s begin with the most noticeable factors: deposits are instant, and Paddy Power PayPal withdrawals take between 4 and 24 hours. A 4-hours waiting period for withdrawals is great by any measure, and not a lot of payment methods or bookies process transactions this quickly.
The minimum withdrawal is as low as £1, and the maximum is set at £5,500 daily. This is not ideal but should be high enough for most users.
However, what truly sets Paddy Power is the attention they give to providing their users reliable, useful information regarding all payments. The majority of questions you may have about how Paypal payments work, what you can do with them, and what might have gone wrong can all be found on Paddy Power’s comprehensive help section. Compared to some other betting sites where we have trouble finding out even key information such as payment limits and processing times, this is a welcome addition.
Essentially, this is a perfect example of why customer service is important. There’s a lot of betting sites that accept PayPal as a banking method, but rarely are they as dedicated to transparency and helpfulness as Paddy Power.
- Minimum Deposit: £10 for all payment options
- Maximum Withdrawal:from £5,500 with PayPal to £100,000 with Bank Transfers
- Banking Methods:Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Bank Wire Transfers, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, Moneybookers, Paddy Power CashCard.
- Customer Support: live chat, e-mail, phone
- Welcome Bonus: £40 in free bets after your first £10 bet
Novi bet is a relatively new betting site that is still fighting for its chunk of the market. With that in mind, they had to look for a focus – something to set them apart from all the new online bookies that have been popping up like mushrooms after a rainstorm. And they chose excellent withdrawal conditions.
Fast withdrawals with no limits lie at the centre of Novibet’s marketing campaign, and most of it pans out to be true. This, of course, is evident in their fast PayPal withdrawals that take between 12 and 24 hours. This is well below the industry standard, which usually ends up somewhere in the range of 2-5 days.
Also, no limit is a nice thing. We cannot reliably test whether there is truly no Paypal maximum withdrawal, but there is no limit to the number of times you can make limits per day, week, or month.
Beyond that, Novibet offers a solid all-round sportsbook, with competitive odds and very attractive betting promotions. If you’re on the market for a new online sportsbook, Novibet might just be what you’re looking for.
- Minimum Deposit:£5 for Paysafecard, 10£ for all other methods
- Maximum Withdrawal: No maximums
- Banking Methods: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, bank wire transfers, MoneySafe, Skrill, Skrill 1-tap, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard
- Customer Support: live chat, e-mail, phone, Skype
- Welcome Bonus:first deposit bonus of 100% up to £25 in free bets.
This Irish bookie is already well-known in punting circles with a proud history of providing top-notch service since 1982. Their customers often praise BoyleSports for their incredible promotions, and they are widely regarded as one of the top online bookmakers for UK punters.
So why are they one of the best bookies for Paypal betting? Well, for starters, their overall payment conditions are phenomenal. The selection is not jaw-dropping like we have with some of the biggest competitors., but the upper withdrawal limit of £50,000 per day certainly is. The 0% fee on all transactions is always a plus, too.
Most payment methods on BoyleSports have a fairly mediocre processing time of 3-5 business days. The only exception? PayPal, with speedy service of under 24 hours.
Which leads us to the following conclusion: Boylesports is one of the best bookmakers you can do business with, and by far the best way of withdrawing money from their sportsbook is PayPal. Their attractive sportsbook bonuses make the deal even sweeter.
- Minimum Deposit:£20 for bank transfers and cheques, 5£ for all other methods
- Maximum Withdrawal:£50,000 per customer per day. Some withdrawal methods may have different limits.
- Banking Methods: Credit/debit cards, bank transfers, cheques, Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Euteller, Instadebit, Giropay, Sofort, Boku, Trustly, Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Customer Support: live chat, e-mail, support form, phone
- Welcome Bonus: £40 in free bets + £10 in casino credits
This particular betting site is not best known for their sportsbook offers, but we feel that it has a lot to offer nonetheless. They’re a big name when it comes to other forms of online gambling such as casinos and iGaming, so you can be sure they know how to design and maintain a top betting site. Seeing how deposits and withdrawals are a major part of doing so, it should be fairly clear as to why they are one of the best websites for Paypal betting.
For starters, all of their withdrawal methods have decent limits – the only issue perhaps being deposit maximums which are set to as low as £1000 for card payments. Luckily, the sportsbook’s Paypal deposit limit is a more reasonable £10,000. OF course, all options are completely free, and the sportsbook PayPal withdrawal takes between 12 and 24 hours.
Besides that, LeoVegas’ betting platform has a lot to offer. We’re especially fascinated by the unique welcome offer. Instead of giving you free bets or other common types of promotions, LeoVegas offers to double your winnings on your first couple of bets.
- Minimum Deposit:£10 for all methods
- Maximum Withdrawal:£10,000 per day, per customer
- Banking Methods:Visa, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, Trustly, Paysafecard, bank transfers.
- Customer Support: live chat, e-mail, phone.
- Welcome Bonus: 100% profit boost up to £100.
Why use Paypal for online betting?
Some people still might not be convinced about the benefits of switching to an e-wallet for their online sports betting needs. Let’s make ourselves clear: all methods have their pros and cons, and we’re not trying to convince you to switch to something if you don’t want. However, you have to keep in mind that these services were designed specifically for transactions such as those you make with bookmakers. As such, they carry a set of advantages:
Advantages of betting with PayPal
Advantages of betting with PayPal
- Convenience. You no longer have to look around for your wallet whenever you’re trying to make a new payment – no more numbers, expiry dates, CVC codes and the like. Just remember your account credentials and PIN, and making any sort of online payment is only seconds away.
- All-in-one account. This is especially useful for people with multiple debit/credit cards. However, PayPal can also be used to storing rewards cards, loyalty cards, and even coupons and vouchers.
- Universality. Some betting sites – especially US betting sites – do not support card payments. As discussed before, some do not allow for card withdrawals. PayPal is one of the most wide-spread payment methods for bookmakers across the globe, and it can make your life a lot easier.
- Security. Yes, regular bank cards are fairly secure in this day and age. However, there is an advantage to not having to provide financial details to bookies. No matter how you look at it, using PayPal is safer than littering the internet with your credit card information.
- Faster processing. On average, PayPal is by far the quickest payment method among the wide-spread ones.
Disadvantages of betting with PayPal
Disadvantages of betting with PayPal
- PayPal payments do not usually qualify you for bookmaker signup bonuses.
- not all PayPal transactions are free. There are small fees for international transfers and currency conversions, which can come into play depending on your country of residence.
We hope this article helps you find what you’re looking for. If not, Betting Fellow is a veritable goldmine in terms of sports betting-related information. Good luck!
Best PayPal Betting Sites FAQ
How to Deposit with PayPal at Betting Sites?
We’ve outlined simplicity as one of the advantages of using Paypal with betting sites, which will be illustrated in this easy step-by-step guide to depositing with Paypal.
- Access and log on to the betting site of your choice.
- Find the “deposit” page.
- Select “PayPal” as the payment option for the transaction
- Enter the desired amount.
- Press Deposit. You will be taken to your PayPal and asked to log in. Make sure to enable pop-up windows.
- Authorize the payment. The authorization process depends on your PayPal account settings, and there are numerous ways in which it can be achieved.
- Your deposit should be processed in a matter of seconds!
How to Withdraw with PayPal at Betting Sites?
Most punters prefer to withdraw to the same place where they deposited from. This process mirrors most other payment methods, but we’ll include it for clarity’s sake. Access and log on to the betting site of your choice.
- Find the “withdraw” page.
- Select “PayPal” as the withdrawal method.
- Type in how much you wish to withdraw and press the withdraw button.
- The funds will be deducted from your betting site account instantly.
- It will take some time to process the transaction and the funds to appear on your PayPal account. This timeframe depends on the bookmaker in question.