Best Cryptocurrency Betting Sites
Online sports betting with cryptocurrencies is largely still in its infancy. There’s a lot to be said about the place of crypto online bookmakers in the current market, but they remain a staunch minority. Most traditionally-minded bookies don’t see much of an advantage to allowing betting with cryptocurrencies, even relatively established ones like Bitcoin. The truth is that crypto betting has a lot of ground to cover before it can catch up to regular old fiat currency.
As such, if you’re looking for cryptocurrency online sportsbooks, you’ll have to dig a little deeper than most punters. Most big brands and industry leaders don’t even allow Bitcoin, let alone lower-profile cryptos. As such, you’ll have to make do with specialized sites designed specifically around cryptocurrencies. This fact comes with both upsides and downsides. On one hand, sites for cryptocurrency betting have a clear direction centred around crypto users. The whole service is designed around that one niche of online sports betting, which can be great. The experience of depositing cryptocurrency for betting tends to be quick, simple, and seamless. Even withdrawals are usually instant, which gives them a clear advantage over fiat currency. On the other, cryptocurrency betting sites are hard to trust as it is. Because of the anonymous nature of crypto payments and the law’s unclear and unregulated stance on them, crypto bookmakers can pretty much operate without a license. This lick of regulation gives them a bad rep, and not all of it is undeserved. Once you throw in the fact that most of them are not a part of trustworthy, well-known big brands? Looking for top cryptocurrency betting sites can be tricky and somewhat dangerous. That’s why Betting Fellow exists, though! Our bookmaker reviews ensure that you only bet with safe cryptocurrency sportsbooks. Let’s take a look at a few.
Top Cryptocurrency Bookmakers List
Before we begin, we should make a few important notes. First of all, you’ll notice that these aren’t exactly market leaders in the world of online sports betting. As we’ve already explained, you can’t go with the big names if cryptocurrency betting is your thing. A few top sites have expanded into the territory, but they’re the minority. Needless to say, we can still safely call these sites reliable, proper online bookmakers. Secondly, we have to note that we’ve already devoted a page to the best Bitcoin betting sites. That list will naturally have a lot of overlap with this one, but we tried to expand our parameters. For one, the selection of cryptocurrencies available for payments played a big role in deciding which sites end up on this list.
Those with any experience with crypto sports betting probably saw this one coming. It’s a fairly obvious pick, but there’s a reason for that. 1xBit is a perfect example of what happens when a leading online bookmaker dials down and focuses on creating a workable, top-shelf crypto betting site. In this case, it’s 1xBet, one of the biggest online bookmakers when it comes to regular fiat wagering. 1xBit is a separate brand, however, and it was built from the ground up specifically to be a top crypto betting site. One thing is for sure – it has the crypto part of it settled, in more ways than one. 1xBit easily beats all the competition currently out there in terms of the sheer number of available cryptocurrencies. Besides the obvious choices of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and DASH, 1xBit accepts over 30 different currencies. Moreover, it can have instant, integrated transactions through more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges. Everything else is mostly identical to the site’s parent 1xBet – and that’s a great thing. It means that the site boasts some of the best betting odds on the planet, complete with lucrative promotions and a world-class variance in available sports, events, and markets. 1xBit would be an incredibly strong sportsbook even if we took the crypto payment options out of the equation. As it is, picking 1xBit should be a no-brainer if you’re just looking for a solid all-around choice. Betting with cryptocurrencies is too young of an industry to have an industry standard. If we were to make one, though, it would be around 1xBet.
- Minimum Deposit: 1 mBT
- Maximum Withdrawal:No max
- Accepted currencies:Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, DASH, Ethereum, Monero, Zcash, NEM, GameCredits, Bytecoin, Sibcoin, DigiByte, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Cash, EthereumClassic, FUNCoin, Bitshares, xGox, and more than 20 other, smaller currencies.
- Customer Support: 24/7 live chat, e-mail
- Welcome Bonus: First deposit bonus is 100% up to 1 BTC (or equivalent.) The next three deposits are 100% up to 7 BTC
By snagging what is probably the ideal name for a Bitcoin-specialized online sportsbook, this bookie went a long way in telling us exactly what their intentions were. BetCoin first launched in 2013 and quickly made a big splash by being the first betting site to focus solely on cryptocurrency wagering.
Essentially, BetCoin was an attempt to avoid the US government’s crackdown on online gambling and sports betting by introducing absolute anonymity. As such, it is primarily marketed towards US customers – although you can use it from anywhere in the world, which is generally one of the biggest advantages of betting with cryptocurrencies.
The unique thing about BetCoin.ag is that it uses its virtual currency to combat the effects of the massive value fluctuations that Bitcoin is infamous for. All deposits are converted into these so-called Universal Sports Dollars, allowing you to combine different currencies with ease, and not have to worry about the value of your bankroll suddenly dropping overnight.
Besides all that, it is an all-round solid, quality sportsbook. Plenty of sports and markets, competitive odds, eSports betting and in-play live betting – everything you’ve come to expect from a world-class bookie.
- Minimum Deposit:5 USD Credits or the equivalent to 0.005 BTC
- Maximum Withdrawal: 5 BTC
- Accepted Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, DASH, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Monero, Ripple.
- Customer Support: 24/7 live chat, support ticket, e-mail.
- Welcome Bonus:First deposit bonus of 100% up to 1 BTC + 10 free spins in the casino.
Now we’ll take a look at a different approach: a classic online sportsbook that is instead noted for its willingness to accommodate Bitcoin bettors.
22Bet is a fairly established gambling company that has been around since 2007. As such, they are a fully licenced and reputable bookie with an established customer base and dependable reputation. 22Bet has always prided itself in their versatility – while most betting sites also offer casinos, live casinos, poker rooms and whatnot, it’s rare to find one that doesn’t seem to focus one way or the other. 22Bet offers a complete, well-rounded package for all your online gambling needs.
They were also fairly quick to jump on board new trends, quickly becoming a well-known brand among esports betting fans. Similarly, they started offering Bitcoin payment options before it became commonplace. This does mean, however, that for 22Bet cryptocurrencies are just another payment options. This fact has its pros and cons.
On one hand, you won’t have to get out of your comfort zone if you’re used to traditionally operated sportsbooks. On the other, the anonymity and privacy you might be looking for do not apply here – you have to register and provide personal information, same as you would for any other betting site.
Besides that, 22Bet offers quality service, with plenty of sports, markets, above-average odds and below-average margins. All in all, if you want to use Bitcoin to bet online but don’t want to make drastic changes – 22Bet is the perfect choice for you.
- Minimum Deposit: $1, or current BTC equivalent
- Maximum Withdrawal:Depends on method, but no limit on cryptocurrency transactions.
- Accepted Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, DASH.
- Customer Support: support ticket, e-mail
- Welcome Bonus:First deposit bonus of 100% up to $122. However, you cannot take advantage of this bonus with cryptocurrency deposits
This up-and-coming bookie is a complete reverse of 22Bet – it’s a primarily Bitcoin-oriented betting site that happens to also offer standard currency options. Founded very recently in 2016, this is a very new name in the online punting scene. However, they are already an award-winning online bookmaker with 2019’s ASKG award for Best New Bookmaker.
The first thing that will catch your eye is the sleek, modern-looking design that manages to be both intuitive and pleasing to the eye. This praise also extends to Sportsbet.io’s mobile betting site, which is one of the best we’ve seen in recent years. Also, while you can find an online casino and similar gambling services, it is very clear that sports betting is this company's primary attraction. For example, welcome bonuses and promotions only apply to wagers.
On a surface level, you won’t see a lot of things specifying Sportsbet.io as favourable to cryptocurrencies. However, they are a part of the Coingaming.io cryptocurrency gambling platform, and the ease and quality with which you can wager using Bitcoin reflect this. For example, you can purchase Bitcoins directly from the Sportsbet.io website via the BTCXE service.
As previously mentioned, you can also use regular cash such as US Dollars or Pound Sterling on Sportsbet.io. However, the lax registration process leaves us with several questions in regards to the legality of this. The bookie is licenced in Curacao, though, which helps put our minds at ease a little bit.
- Minimum Deposit:1 mBTC (0.001 BTC)
- Maximum Withdrawal:No
- Accepted Cryptocurrencies:Bitcoin (BTC), Allsportscoin (SOC), Litecoin (LTC) and Ethereum (ETH).
- Customer Support: 24/7 live chat, e-mail.
- Welcome Bonus: if you make your first bet exactly 2mBTC on any offer with odds of 1.5 or above, you get a 6 mBTC free bet
Why to Bet with Bitcoin?
Now that we’ve looked into some of the best Bitcoin betting sites out there, let’s consider why you would use cryptocurrencies to wager at all.
As a disclaimer, you should always keep in mind that gambling with cryptocurrencies, much like the currencies themselves, is still not fully explored. This is why our list of top Bitcoin betting sites is so short. The long-term viability of Bitcoin and similar concepts remains to be seen. However, with each passing year, it’s becoming more apparent that whether you like them or not, cryptocurrencies are here to stay.
Switching over to this novel type of transaction can seem daunting at first – no-one likes going into the unknown, especially when real money is on the line. Still, thousands of people already use Bitcoin on an everyday basis, and it is a good idea to consider why they might be doing it.
So, with online punting in mind, let’s take a look at what Bitcoin betting brings to the table.
Advantages of betting with Bitcoin
- Anonymity. How big of a deal this is is entirely up to you – but cryptocurrencies were invented primarily to protect their users’ identities. This has caused a lot of controversy over the years, most notably because cryptos are often used in illegal transactions. Either way, with no bank, administration, or surveillance, cryptocurrency transactions cannot be taxed, monitored, or tracked. This can be used to circumvent local gambling restrictions, for example. The best part is that this is not strictly illegal either – most legal systems do not know how to deal with cryptocurrencies yet.
- Instant transfers. As you’re probably aware, regular withdrawals from betting sites often take several days at least. However, all cryptocurrency transactions are instant – withdrawals included.
- Security. It might seem strange, but Bitcoin and similar Blockchain-based currencies are renowned for being completely secure.
Disadvantages of betting with Bitcoin
- Scams and other concerns. While your transactions won’t be compromised by a third party, it can be hard to trust the other side. Complete privacy is guaranteed to both the sender and the recipient. Additionally, a betting site for Bitcoin can be established by pretty much anyone – just like pretty much anyone can use such sites. As such, you need to be extra careful when choosing who to trust.
- Instability. Bitcoin is well-known for having rapid and massive value fluctuations. This opens up market speculation opportunities for some, but can also result in the value of your funds dropping in a matter of hours.
- Conversion Fees. While most crypto transfers with online bookies use no or minimal fees, the issue is that the world at large still does not recognize Bitcoin as legit currency. In other words, if you want to use your winnings, you will need to convert it to a fiat currency in 95% of cases. This often entails costly conversion rates and fees.
We hope this article helps you find what you’re looking for. If not, Betting Fellow is a veritable goldmine in terms of sports betting-related information. Good luck!